Jasper has been around for ages, made into jewelry dating as far back as 644 BC. It comes in an array of beautiful color combinations, depending on where it's found. But did you know that it also has amazing healing properties and is considered the "Supreme Nurturer"? Jasper has been used throughout time for its ability to heal and to ground the individual wearing or carrying it because it has a strong connection to the energy of the Earth. Throughout history it was worn by the spiritual guide of many different civilizations because it is considered sacred, a powerful source of protection for both the physical and spiritual realms. Technically, it is a variety of Chalcedony, which is a microcrystalline variety of Quartz.
Below is an example of a sterling silver ring I made from a lovely piece of Picture Jasper. In my experience as a jewelry designer, I've found that Jasper is a magnificent stone for custom designs because of the beautiful movement within. I see each piece of Jasper as a work of art in its own right, because every single stone is truly one-of-a-kind, making it all the more special.
Click on picture to link to website!
We all have our favorite type of Jasper, and sometimes it can be difficult to choose which one we love the best because each variation is beautiful in its own way. The good news is, each type of jasper offers different benefits. Here are some helpful properties to help you choose the next time you're picking out stones:
- Black Jasper - Good for Base Shakra. Also called Blackstone or Basanite, this rare variety of Jasper is a very powerful spiritual shield against curses, threats, or issues in high risk occupations. It helps to connect one with their higher vibrations, and facilitates prophetic dreams. Good for pain relief, and assistance with stomach and foot problems.
- Breciated Jasper - Good for Base and Sacral Shakras, this stone is perfect for artists, as it aids with creative inspiration and emotional stability. Its grounding energies promote clarity when feeling overwhelmed, and helps the wearer heal quickly from illness or any crisis.
Bumble Bee Jasper
- Bumble Bee Jasper - This variation has uplifting yellow tones mixed with other colors and comes from only one place - Mount Papandayan. It is wonderful for transformation and helping break through any limits we put on ourselves.
- Dalmation Jasper - Good for Base Shakra. Also known as Dalmation Stone, this grounding stone helps one realize their strengths and weaknesses.
- Kambaba Jasper - Good for Heart Shakra. One of the more exotic Jaspers, this one helps you move past fears and hurt feelings to achieve tranquility and peace. It helps with meditation and grounding, and promotes the immune system.
- Leopard Skin Jasper - Good for Base, Heart and Crown Shakras. The name says it all, this one will help you connect with animals, and feel a sense of tranquility, assisting in your personal growth.
- Ocean Jasper - Also known as Orbicular Jasper, this stone has great value for its ability to help one get rid of negativity. Wear this when you need a confidence boost, and need to maintain a positive outlook as it will create feelings of joy and happiness. This is one that everyone should have.
Click on Pictures to link to website!
- Picture Jasper - Perfect to help release feelings of stress, fear and anxiety because this variation helps to connect you to the Earth. Helps you feel nurtured with comforting energy, it's often called the Stone of Global Awareness
- Red Jasper - Good for Base Chakra. This is a very protective stone strengthens and detoxifies the circulatory system, liver and blood. It is energizing, and helps promote a positive attitude. It not only helps protect from electromagnetic pollution, but also helps with dream retention, aura cleansing, and clarity in difficult situations.
- Yellow Jasper - Good for Solar Plexus Chakra. Another great variety for protection of environmental pollution, and the negativity of others. This stone is strongly connected with the Sun's energy, and promotes self-confidence and calms nerves and emotions. Good for tenacity and endurance, this variety also aids in healing stomach and digestive issues.
- Zebra Jasper - These stones are excellent for contentment, and aid in having compassion and understanding for others.